Are you looking for an easy yet elegant dessert that can be made in advance? If so try this!
Zeppole’s Biscotti Tiramisu (Party Size)
6 Egg Yolks
1 pound of mascarpone cheese (if you can’t find it in a grocery store this is a workable substitute http://www.food.com/recipe/mascarpone-cheese-substitute-66077?scaleto=8&mode=null&st=true)
6 Egg Whites, Stiffly Beaten
¼ cup heavy cream
1 ¼ cups strong brewed coffee, cold
8 Zeppole’s Lemon Almond Biscotti (I used Zeppole’s Biscotti Dunkers which is an assortment of Lemon and Chocolate Biscotti ends and pieces)
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Dissolve 2/3 cup sugar in coffee.
2. In a medium bowl beat together the egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. Then using a wooden spoon or spatula stir in mascarpone cheese, beaten egg whites, and cream; stir until smooth. Set aside.
3. Place Zeppole’s Biscotti in a single layer in a 9 x 13-inch glass, baking dish. Pour the coffee mixture over the biscotti and allow Biscotti to saturate with coffee.
4. Spread a layer of cheese mixture over the Biscotti; repeat layers, ending with cheese mixture.
5. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Sprinkle with cocoa just before serving.
I personally just wanted a family size amount so I cut the recipe in half and it filled a square pyrex pan. You can also recreate this recipe in a small shooter or martini glass to give a personalized touch for each party member.
Try it out and let us know how it goes.